Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Wanderlust Question

A break from the Camino posts to ask a question...

Does anyone else get randomly hit with nostalgia for a place out of the blue? Sometimes wanderlust stings me and I spend the rest of the day dreaming about a place. I typically can't even find the connection.

Saturday out of the blue I had this strong desire to be in sub-Sahra Africa.

Today, if I could be anywhere in the world, I'd be in Toledo, Spain. Toledo is nowhere near the best place I've ever been and I haven't even thought about Toledo in probably years, but today it sounds perfect.

Cathedrals, tiny streets, marzipan, El Greco.

{Toledo's Cathedral}

{Patio of the church were Ferdinand and Isabella were originally to be buried}

So seriously, does this happen to any of you too? I'll be travel-less for the next little while, so cuentame, if you could be anywhere today, where would you be? Really, I'd like to know! : )

2 comments:

Sandy said...

The Cotswolds and Wales(with you) since we didn't make it last year.

Elizabeth said...

London in a heartbeat! Or maybe Edinburgh....sigh. I wish I could afford a plane ticket.