Wednesday, September 7, 2011

I Got Mad Skills

You know those pictures that look like a bunch of squares and triangles, the ones where if you cross your eyes and hold them just right a picture pops up in them? My brother Casey loved those. I'd stare at them for hours, crossing my eyes and slowly pulling them to my nose and I'd still never see them. I now realize that's probably because I'm stereoblind, but that's beyond the point.

You know those pictures I'm talking about? Ah, yes. Casey says they are called Magic Eye pictures.

Anyway, apparently that is what my future is supposed to look like. Everyone keeps telling me I'm supposed to be making all these lists of things I like and things I'm good at and my skills and then I'm supposed to cross my eyes and BAM there's my future.

Yeah. OK.

But who am I to be cynical? I've had too much coffee to do productive things, so here goes:


My Skills:

Wearing scarves
Telling immature jokes
Meeting crazy people and sometimes criminals
Smiling
Drinking coffee
Inventive spelling
Making people smile
Creating awkward moments
Reading for long periods of time
Writing post cards
Walking across peninsulas
Laughing
Writing haikus
Making flan (or at least I will be good at making flan!)
Speaking to people who don’t speak English
Making lists

OK, that's all I got. I'm taking suggestions if you can think of anything I missed. Or if you can see the hidden picture...because, like I said, I'm stereoblind. 

2 comments:

C.C. Almon - my journey as a Christ follower, wife, mamma, and fibromyalgia fighter said...

More Skills:
Amazing friend
Tells stories in such a way that one feels as if they were there when it happened
Having a mischievous sparkle in your eyes as if you know something no one else does
Persistent
Dedicated

Just a few more. :)
<3 C.C.

Debbie said...

I love your list!!!! Those are all excellent things to be good at! I am also good at drinking coffee! Here are hidden pictures that I'll throw into the mix: Peace Corps Volunteer (you know that one already), PhD student (I know you are cringing at that one), Fulbright Scholar, travel writer, journalist, counselor, teacher, working at a US university in the office of international students, working on staff for semester at sea, or any a corporate job that makes tons of money so you can travel a lot:-)