Saturday, December 18, 2010

Amazon Woman?


Each day a new country is on top. It depends on my mood and what I am reading and how tired I am.

The last couple days I have been fixating on Chile. I found nice bus company that offers a hop-on/hop-off service for backpackers that takes them around the country. It looked intriguing.

Today I keep coming back to Brazil and Colombia. Brazil doesn't make a ton of sense because it requires a visa, some shots and Portuguese. I've wanted to go to Colombia for a long time and still stand by the assessment that it is perfectly safe for travelers, but not everyone seems to agree with me there.  Apparently they haven't seen the videos, other wise they would know el riesgo es que tu queiras quedar (the only risk is wanting to stay).

Anyway, I was listening to Joe Purdy, and probably subconsciously still thinking over Mark Twain's journey from the West coast to the East coast of the US...by boat through Nicaragua (!), when I came across this article: An Amazon Cruise for $17 a Day. Hammock Not Included. How 'bout that for a relaxing adventure?

Vamos a ver...


(And seriously, if you have ideas, send them my way!)


{Photo cred: Seth Kugel for The New York Times)

3 comments:

C.C. Almon said...

I think any of sounds amazing! I enjoy living vicariously through you!

Anonymous said...

I was out the other night with some friends who are serious travelers(they have been almost everywhere) and told me the one of the safest countries is Colombia and the people are extremely friendly! Go for it!!Oooh and would you pls check India for me? haha

Filenia said...

Anonymous is me!