Monday, January 24, 2011

Monday Recap

This is my official take on the evening:

Turtle tour (where I got to go to the beach and watch an endangered species of turtles lay (112!) eggs)
Verdict: Pretty awesome

It was really neat to see it all, and I feel like I'm armed with some seriously cool turtle facts (I'm sure those will be coming up later), but it was also a little slow going. And you couldn't use anything for light besides the guide's tiny red flashlight. But we got to watch (cheer!) on 4 little hatchlings as they made their way to the coast. Which definitely pushed the night into the awesome category. (It was also hilarious because the turtles look for the white of the surf and one of the turtles kept going for one guy's white tennis shoes. It was a good thing I was wearing pants.)

Beach on the refuge at night
Verdict: Absolutely, astoundingly beautiful

I've never seen so many stars nor seen the stars that bright in my life. We were out in the middle of nowhere, and there aren't metropolitan areas anywhere near here. It was beautiful. And this is going to sound stupid and reveal the fact that I have lived in the city my whole life, but I never really knew stars twinkled. Yeah, yeah, I know the song. But I've never seen them like this.

Dinner of Pringles Crema Y Cebolla
Verdict: Very, very tasty.

Well done Costa Rica. I haven't had Pringles in a long time. And they are just as tasty as ever. Unfortunately there aren't many left for my 4-5 hour bus ride tomorrow. But doesn't that always happen?


OK, tomorrow I head inland, so I thought I would give an update tonight in case internet is sketchy in the next town! Hasta pronto!

No comments: