Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Day One Of ... Many

I made it through my first day on the Camina de Santiago. For those keeping track I didn`t even make it out of Pamplona without getting lost. As much as it made me laugh I was afraid it was a bad sign. No worries though--there are little yellow arrows all over the place. All you have to do is "buscar flechas."

So how was it? Every other hour I went from elation to fatigued and back again. The views and towns are beautiful. But after 25 km where I went straight over a mountain and back down again? Well, the dogs are barking. Thankfuly Ive been told today was one of the worst stages and it should be smooth sailing from here. But for now--its time for some icyhot.

Buen camino!

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Glad you remembered your old friend, icy hot.

Matt Neilson said...

Que Guay Guapa!! I hope all goes well with your Camino walk! Can't wait to hear about it and see pictures!! Cuando vas a pasar por Santander? Besos!