Friday, May 20, 2011

Espana, Mi Amor

Spain, my love, it's time to say goodbye. Sadly tomorrow I board my plane for Croatia.

It's been almost 2 months, and they've been great. I know we have had a love/hate relationship at times in the past but this go round everything has been nothing but rosy (although that might be partially because of the pink tinted glasses I accidentally bought when I lost my sunglasses). The cafe con leche each morning (and midmorning...and afternoon...) was just what I needed to get through the day. Your ever present tortilla espanol was delicious. A celebratory round of chocolate con churros was the perfect way to start and end my Camino.

The views--of the mountains, plains and everything in between--have been fantastic. The cities--from the ghost towns to Barcelona--were (almost) all lovely. The cathedrals were inspiring. Your old people? Charming. Your language...well it of course made a fool of me several times, but I enjoyed speaking it nonetheless. Your weather treated me well...except for those two days. When it hailed on me.

But don't worry. I'm over it.

In general, thanks for being my happy place. I knew you'd sort me out.

Here's to hoping it won't be too long till we meet again.

Besos!






No comments: