Thursday, May 26, 2011

Finesterre (Photo Edition!)



Who needs birthday cake when you have flan?

Hiking it up to the lighthouse/"edge of the world" with fellow pilgrims to watch the sunset. 

Look!

Kilometer 0.00! At last!

Peregrinos soaking it all in

(Don't worry, I was being very careful!)

Watching the sun die...

I almost forgot that I was supposed to throw a rock into the ocean--one for me and one for each of my Sevillan Camino friends. Or...at least that is what I think I was supposed to do. They had to enlighten me on all of these traditions. 

My certificate of completion for the walk to Finisterre (signed by the mayor!)

Local fishermen



(ha, if you look closely my poor feet are actually bleeding in this picture after I had a run in with a broken shell)

The perfect end. 




1 comment:

C.C. Almon said...

Congratulations! I'm so proud of you!
<3 C.C.