Thursday, June 2, 2011

What I Was Looking For

I found it.

Rovinj, Croatia is just what I was looking for.

I stumbled into town without any plans, found a cheap private room in a cute little Italian grandma's house (this part of Croatia used to be part of Italy), and set up shop for a few days. I've been reading novels at the beach, eating good food, soaking up the sun and trying to remember a few Italian phrases (but oddly, French seems to be coming out instead). It's been pretty idyllic.

It's incredibly lovely here--Venetian towers, tiny streets with laundry hanging, ice cream colored buildings (and ice cream itself!). Best of all--I have it almost to myself. IThe crowds of Dubrovnik haven't made it this far. t's one of the last true Mediterranean fishing villages. In fact, today I shared the beach with fisherman taking a lunch break. It's been a beautiful place to rest up for a few days.









Picnic at the beach






The town saint. 


My view this evening--drinking coffee, listening to some good music and finally getting around to being productive. 

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Love the pictures! Glad you're getting to relax and be refreshed.