Thursday, June 9, 2011

An Update From...THE PRESENT!

Hello from the present! Are we enjoying all these Camino posts? I hope so. But if not, well, I don't really care because I am actually loving organizing my Camino pictures/memories. Anyway, I thought I would give the Camino a break and pop in from the present.

Yes, I am still traveling for those asking. As of today I am in Montenegro! I really had no mental picture of Montenegro, but if I'd had one...boy, this sure wouldn't have been it. It's absolutely gorgeous here--dramatically so. I'm in Kotor--There are huge mountains surrounding the bay creating an imposing fjord which cradles a walled Venetian town. Spectacular.

But while the view from here is fantastic...you know what I've been thinking about all day?

Biscuits.

Yep. I've come to the part of my travels where I am missing and craving all kinds of American food. Not only biscuits, but breakfast burritos, ranch dressing, brisket...Any kind of Mexican food.  Cheddar cheese. Filter coffee. Sweet tea. A melon agua fresca. Yellow squash.

Mmm.

Maybe it's because I've been sick off (presumably) something I ate the last few days and just have been craving something "normal."

To remedy this, I broke one of my travel rules and had a hamburger tonight. Why do I have a travel rule about eating hamburgers? Well, because outside of the US they always involve some kind of SPAM type substance.

And, that is precisely what I ended up with for dinner. A SPAM burger with cucumbers on top. Boo.

I guess I'll just have to settle for the splendid views.



No comments: