Monday, July 25, 2011

The Beginning of the End

I'm waiting around in the hostel for a few more minutes before I swing on my backpack and make my way to the Thessaloniki airport. This officially marks the end of my tour of the Balkans, and, with my first flight towards my final destination, marks the beginning of the end of my whole trip.

This is flight one in my string of flights which looks a little something like this:

Thessaloniki-Milan
Milan-Malaga
Sevilla-Barcelona
Barcelona-Zurich
Zurich-D.C
D.C-Columbus
Columbus-Dallas

Whew.

Thankfully I have a couple days in Milan and a few days in Sevilla to see some familiar faces, get out of the airport (and to eat some pizza and flan!).

So yes, while I gave extending my trip a good thought, I am in fact headed home soon. Mark your calendars for August 2nd!

Bye, bye Balkans!

No comments: