Saturday, July 30, 2011

{Maica and Juanma with Seville in the background}


They don't pose for pictures.

But they do...

allow you to swim in their pool, cook you gazpacho and flan and all kinds of other Spanish favorites, let you lounge around their house, take you to a spa, drive and walk you all around Seville, listen to you speak unintelligible Spanish and nod politely, take you for walks (of course!) with their friends, not judge you for taking extraordinarily long naps, buy you your favorite candy and make you cafe con leche after cafe con leche.  

Camino friends Juanma and Maica have been softening the blow of returning home by letting me relax at their slice of paradise just outside of Seville for a few days. It's been good to see familiar faces, both here and in Milan, and I think both have gotten me ready to come home and see the rest of you. I've still got 5 flights to go, but I'll be home in just 3 days.

I'm soaking up the good life while I can, but hasta pronto!

No comments: