Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Life's Not Always A Walk in the Park...

But some days it is.

And today was one of those days.


I had yet to make it to Fort Worth's botanic gardens since I got back, so while I was on that side of town today, I stopped in. It really is one of my favorite places in Fort Worth. 

As luck would have it, I was struck with some pretty awesome depth perception AND had the place almost entirely to myself. I had a long walk through almost all of the gardens while having a lovely chat, and then I staked out a nice plot of grass and read for a while as a set of clouds blew through (no rain, of course). Throw a family of raccoons and some Sufjan Stevens into the mix and it was a pretty perfect afternoon. 

My allergies will curse me tomorrow, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say it was worth it. 

No comments: