Saturday, August 21, 2010

Two Weeks And Counting...


Two weeks from tomorrow I will be flying to Brussels! I've been so busy that it hadn't fully sunk in how close it was getting! I have 6 classes to teach, 2 work meetings, and 24 more papers to write. (Ouch. Trying not to get too overwhelmed about that last one!) It feels very official now that I have turned in my 2 weeks notice. Soon I will be officially homeless AND jobless.

And I couldn't be more excited about it.

I am also starting to think through my "last meals." I haven't been drinking too much soda lately and I was debating on drinking a Dr. Pepper the other day. Then I realized I am about to go three months without one. I've started putting together a mental to-eat list (which is a lot more fun than my to-do list!). I had chicken-fried steak the other day (actually for the first time in a long time), so that is covered. Some good steak at my parents and of course Mexican food is in my near future (I'm a Texan after all). I'll have to make a trip to Railhead Smokehouse before I leave (aka, the best brisket in town). My Lan, our neighborhood Vietnamese, merits a stop too.

If I'm forgetting something good, remind me. Otherwise, never fail, I'll remember right after it's out of reach! But I'm figuring, even if that happens, I'll just go have a kebab and some Belgian chocolates and call it even.

No comments: