Friday, July 2, 2010

Papers

So last night I was up till 2:30 determined to finish a paper. It has been almost 2 months since I wrote a paper, and I was a bit rusty. Trying to get to page number ten, all I can say is that I am incredibly glad that theology departments require you to learn and use Turabian form (as opposed to MLA, etc.) and this is for one reason only. Courier New. It's a totally accepted font, and it's HUGE.

I used to save it for only desperate situations, figuring professors knew I was slacking, but then I gave in. It adds entire pages. And, I figure since it looks like a typewriter font professors are somewhat nostalgic towards it too. : )

Anyway, it made me think of this gem (I did say there might be haikus...)

Oh Courier New
multiplies like loaves and fish
page count miracle.

The End.

No comments: