Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Back to Abilene! Back to the Books!


Ok, so I have lots of fun stories from Greece and Turkey involving (but not limited to) princes, 16 year olds, old Cuban couples, Spanish coffee, corn, TDHs, baklava and prostitutes. But first...I have to hit the books. Since I've gotten back I've tackled 10 journals and a 10 page paper. Before the end of the week I have to write 3 sermons, and before the end of the month I have to write 42 (yes, you read that correctly!) (mostly small) papers. And do 474 pages of assigned reading. Ouch.

The fun and games are over.

It is difficult to go from this:


To this:


But I will be able to make it because soon I will be here:


I still need to buy my ticket (AH!) but the plan is to leave for Brussels September 5th-ish. That gives me only 17 more classes to teach. I am pretty sad about leaving my students (I have worked with some of them for almost 3 years!), but we are scheming a way for classes to continue with volunteers once I am gone (especially because the funding ends when I leave).

(If you are interested, or know someone who is, you can see this Reporter News article: http://www.reporternews.com/news/2010/jul/16/funding-end-to-alter-english-program/).

And I am also going to be able to make it because I will graduate in December. Hopefully I am entering the last of my paper writing days. But for now it's all libraries and coffee shops in my future--if you need me, you will know where to find me!

1 comment:

Krystal said...

Glad you took my advice and updated the blog, but I thought you were writing papers at the library not writing a blog entry and talk to peeps on facebook! :)