Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Just a few things...

A) I am in Bath, England! It's beautiful. But FREEZING. Literally.

B) It feels really strange to be back in an English speaking country. For one thing, I feel all self conscious that everyone can understand what I am saying when talking in a crowd/on the bus/etc. And then there is the part where I throw out a bit of French or Arabic and no one gets it. But on the other hand, it is a great feeling--I understand everything! (well...almost everything--the accent is beautiful, but throws me off a bit) And no one makes me feel like an idiot for not understanding.

But, maybe just a little, I miss that feeling?

C) Adjusting back to Texas might be a bit rough. Prepare yourselves to hear me say voilĂ  and ooh-la-la repeatedly.

D) The fact that it should be 72 (more than 4 times tonight's low) on Saturday when I get back to DFW should soothe my pain.

No comments: