Wednesday, September 1, 2010

ROAD-TRIP!






This weekend the girls all got together for a mini road trip to San Angelo. I'm pretty sure it was what we all needed. We got to celebrate Abby's birthday, see the Hamilton's and Bakers, relax and kick up a little dust. For me it was nice to just get out of town on a road that wasn't I20 (and I didn't even have to drive!) and not write papers for a day. It was also nice to drive through all the windmills (or wind turbines for the technical). I get antsy out here, but I do love West Texas.


We had a great time having lunch at a cute little deli (even if we were getting plenty of stares...!), getting pedicures and just getting caught up. On the way back to Abilene we had to make a road-trip-esque pit stop at the giant spur we passed on the way. It even had a visitor center! We had a look and tried our luck at a few jumping pictures (which...were interrupted by the residents driving up. Oops!). Overall it was a great day catching up with the girls. It's going to be too long before it happens again, but a December road-trip is in order!



And just for laughs (I think we need more practice!):



1 comment:

C.C. Almon said...

So, so, so, so jealous! Wish I could have been with yall. I miss each of you so much! Glad yall had a great time together.