Tuesday, September 28, 2010

They found me...

One thing that really dragged me down this summer was allergies. It rained so much in Abilene this year that things grew for the first time in decades down there and my allergies were having none of it. Going back and forth between Fort Worth and Abilene about every week would mean that I had just enough time to start to get sick in each city. Each week. I was looking forward to changing locations completely and hopefully getting away from my allergies.

Shows how much I know.

Turns out Brussels is not only the capital of the European Union, but also one if it's allergy capitals. I've had headaches for a couple of weeks now, and been really tired for a while, but yesterday they really hit me. So for any of you out there worried, I will not be living here permanently. Here's hoping that I'm going all-in and getting them over with and that I'm not going to be sniffling until December 4th.


Update: I didn't even bother bringing any allergy meds with me. None of it works for me (or it makes me crazy). I'm medicating with extra-dark Belgian chocolate instead.

1 comment:

Megan said...

I miss your "crazy" reaction to allergy meds and your chocolate! Happy Brussels. :)